All realtors want their listings to stand out to buyers online. At least 90% of buyers are shopping ONLINE first before they even make arrangements to visit a home so its vital that pictures stand out – in a good way – to buyers.
I’m sure you can imagine how it works – buyers (most often the wife/girlfriend) is searching online clicking through homes going “ugly .. ugly .. ugly .. ooohhh this one’s pretty, we need to see it!”
So how do you get those visits and that positive attention? Well, here’s a list of the top 5 things you can do to get buyer’s in the front door:
1) Take the time to PREPARE the home first. From home staging to completing repairs and doing smart upgrades, these things make the most DRAMATIC impressions on buyers.
2) Professional photography and virtual tours showcase all that preparation and ensure buyers see the home in a positive way. Skipping step one and doing step two only highlights a home which is NOT prepared to be shown either online or in person. This can also ensure that your home ends up on a site like this.
3) Marketing which does not rely on phrases such as ‘Handyman’s Dream’ or ‘Fixer-Upper‘ to pique buyer’s interest. Instead, showcasing the home’s impeccable presentation and fantastic pictures should capture buyer’s attention!
4) Pictures of relevant rooms; don’t take pictures of ‘pass throughs’ or ‘people’ or rooms with unfathomable purposes. Showcase what shows the best in the home so that you will get the most first dates possible with intrigued buyers. If a buyer can see all the function/value they will be more inclined to pay the listing price.
5) Show more than one picture! Listings with only one picture of the exterior tend to scare off buyers who can only wonder what the house is hiding. By preparing the home properly, the realtor should want to show off the home to grab buyer’s attention!
Buyers are extremely picky in terms of what homes they will view and consider purchasing. Home that are turn key, show well online and in person and which portray a modern and upgraded lifestyle get the most interest and offers. Follow these tips and your house will stand out from the crowd!