If you have never worked with a home staging professional or our team in particular, we thought we would share a few things you might have never guessed about our home staging consultations.
1. They are incredibly detailed. Seriously. When we do a consultation at a property we give specific recommendations for every room and we tell clients what furniture and decor can stay or go PLUS where to put it if it’s staying. We recommend specific paint colors and finishes for fixtures. We want to leave home owners with all the tools they need so if they want to implement all our advice themselves, they know exactly what to do.
2. We talk Marketing … not Decorating tips. When we consult on a home, we have a pretty good idea of who the target buyer(s) are going to be and we always want to tailor the appearance of the property to match what those clients would find appealing. This takes into account the paint colors, style of furnishings, room functionality & more. And while we use interior decorating strategies to create balanced and harmonious spaces, our overall goal is improving the property’s marketability.
3. We give homework! Yes, just like taking a course or a class we give your clients homework to do so that they can improve the value and appeal of their home. Maybe it’s basic de-cluttering and moving some furniture around. Often it’s some interior painting and minor updates in addition to de-cluttering. In our report that we leave with your clients, we give them things to do in a room by room format so that they can do all the ‘behind the scenes’ work in preparation for staging day. We always recommend between 1 – 3 weeks prep time AFTER the consultation so home owners have enough time to get everything done.
4. We offer CHOICES not Ultimatums. On TV stagers or designers will often tell home owners that they have to do things only one way to get their home ready for sale. Their way or the highway. We don’t believe in that philosophy. In fact, we do our best to provide our clients with a tier of options so that they can choose the best option for their budget and timeline.
5. We provide SOLUTIONS to problems. As part of our service, we do our best to provide solutions for your clients throughout the course of the consultation. From small tips on what we have found that works best for prepping the home with kids and pets to providing referrals for trades to get small projects done or furniture moved out. We make sure that when we leave a consultation, it’s with your clients having as much information as possible to get their home work done.
6. We talk stats and return on investment. In our consultations, we provide current stats to your clients in our unique staging guide that we leave with them. We want them to make informed decisions about any updates or projects that we recommend they do. And of course, we let them know the ROI of investing in staging because who wouldn’t want to add additional value to their home when they are selling?
7. We work hard to empower home owners. Yes, consultations and all the recommendations we give can be overwhelming to most people. So we do our best to prioritize the important stuff, give them referrals so they can get help, brainstorm to help them firm up their plans and overall, make them feel great about the process. Sometimes it means finding middle ground between our sparkly ideal vision and what they can reasonably do. Regardless, we want our clients feeling like they totally got this when we leave!
8. We leave clients with valuable takeaways. In our presentation folder, we leave home owners with valuable information like our unique home sellers guide and an FAQ on the most commonly asked home staging questions. From stats to referrals to property specific recommendations and even a coupon for paint and materials – we make sure they have everything they need to get started!
9. We make YOU look like a Rockstar! We value the partnership we have with our realtors and we talk you up during the consultation process. We want the home owners to know they made the best possible decision to work with you and your team (of which we are a part) to help get their home sold! The stronger the team and the better we support each other, the more stellar the results.
10. You can book consultations ONLINE. When we rolled out our online scheduling program last year, we understood it was a big adjustment for our clients. That being said, the response to the program has been SO positive! Clients love that they can schedule appointments anytime – even when the office is closed. They love that the system sends out an email to their clients upon booking with great tips on how to get ready for the consult plus a reminder so the client doesn’t forget we are coming. We love that this frees us up to focus on our clients when we are with them without having to respond to inquiries about booking and allows us to enjoy our downtime on the weekend. If you haven’t yet seen our booking page, we invite you to visit it today.
We hope you learned something new about our home staging consultations and we hope this helped shed light on how we work so you in turn can feel confident about adding home staging to your listing services!
As always, if you have questions or would like to know more, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We would love to know how we could help you and your clients today!